Summer Director Of Studies- Residential And Local Positions Available
- Deadline: Fri 19 Jun 2020 00:00:00 UTC
- United Kingdom: Bournemouth, Brighton, Edinburgh, London, Oxford, St Albans.
- Language Study Centres
- Experience: NO PREFERENCE
- Positions: 11
- Degree Required
- Short Term/Summer job, Residential
Language Study Centres (LSC) is a British Council Accredited provider for English teaching in the UK. LSC has been welcoming international students to study English in the UK since the year 2000 and has since then grown and diversified to deliver programmes in the UK, Ireland and USA.
Details of Position
Locations: Bournemouth, Brighton, Edinburgh, London (4 centres), Oxford, St Albans
Job type: Seasonal
Duration: 3-9 weeks
Working with LSC is a fantastic opportunity to add skills to your professional development while working with a team of passionate educators. Contracts start in mid-June and normally run for between 3 and 9 weeks. All DoS positions are residential with full board, but can be non-residential if you prefer.
We particularly welcome applications from candidates who have previously experienced and enjoyed working in an EFL context with international students (aged 12-17) in the UK. While the DoS main duties relate to the Academic Programme, they will also need to have an overall awareness of the management of a summer school and how the Academic Programme fits in with other components of the courses.
The DoS will be responsible for the day to day running of the Academic Programme. In some centres, this will also include running the Trinity GESE exam process.
At LSC we believe in using communicative approaches to teaching and place emphasis on applied language practice. We welcome applications from enthusiastic candidates who would enjoy teaching lively classes to international young learners. Our students are aged between 12-17 and in 2019 we welcomed students from over 24 different countries.
We currently have vacancies at the following centres:
Bournemouth - Bournemouth University (Talbot Campus)
Brighton - University of Brighton (Moulsecoomb Campus)
Edinburgh- Napier University (Sighthill Campus)
London - University of East London (Docklands Campus)
London - University of Greenwich (Greenwich Campus)
London - University of Westminster (Harrow Campus)
London - University of Roehampton (Roehampton Campus)
Oxford - Oxford Brookes University (Headington Campus)
St Albans - All Saints Pastoral Centre
Duties will include:
- Attending a training day prior to employment commencing (fully paid)
- Organising students into groups based on the results of their placement test
- Carrying out various administrative processes (including completing timesheets, certificates and reports)
- Managing teachers and monitoring their performance through observations
- Carrying out the schools safeguarding policy, ensuring it is followed by others and maintaining
a friendly but professional manner at all times
- Working with the Centre Manager and Leaders on all issues of student welfare/behaviour
- Acting as cover in the absence of regular teacher
- An undergraduate/university degree
- TEFLQ diploma (e.g. DELTA or Grad Dip TESOL; MA ELT/TESOL)
- Considerable experience of teaching EFL to Young Learners
- Experience of managing staff in an educational capacity
- Proof of eligibility to work in the UK
- Previous summer school experience
- Knowledge of Trinity GESE exam requirements and preparation procedures
Salary and Benefits
- A strong commitment to providing you with ongoing support from our Academic Team, training and opportunities for professional development
- Professional premises for staff and use of our in-house materials created specifically for our summer schools
- Comfortable en-suite accommodation and full board (for residential staff)
Should your interview be successful, LSC will:
- Require an enhanced DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) check to be made prior to confirmation
of appointment. Where appropriate, foreign police checks will be required.
- Enquire about any gaps in your CV that will need to be explained satisfactorily
- Require two recent and relevant referees provided by you
- Require to see and make copies of original certificates and official identification (passport,
driving licence or National ID) to keep in our records
Thank you so much for your interest in working at LSC. Please apply in with the link below. If you have questions about the job please read the overview above or contact us directly.
LSC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. As part of our Safer Recruitment Policy you will be asked to explain any gaps in your work and education history. You will also be required to undergo a DBS Enhanced Disclosure check and provide the contact details of at least 2 referees, who will be asked specifically if they have any concerns about your suitability to work with people under 18. Evidence of eligibility to work in the UK must be provided at interview stage. The cost of the DBS will be split between LSC and yourself, your contribution will be £22.40 and will be taken out of your first payment.
This role meets the requirements in respect of exempted questions under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. All applicants who are offered employment will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Serviced check before the appointment is confirmed. This will include details of cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions.
Language Study Centres
More Company Information
More jobs from this recruiter
Click here to visit the Language Study Centres website
Become TEFL qualified in relaxed, sunny Madrid. 120-hour, 4-week course. Observed teaching practice.
Observed teaching practice. With over 30 schools in Spain, guaranteed job-offer for top-graduates. Excellent value for money at only 990€. Change your life for the better!Click to find out more.
Become TEFL qualified in sunny Malaga in southern Spain or wonderful Rome. Get your passport to live and work in Spain, Italy or anywhere around the globe. EARLY BIRD FEE!Click to find out more.
Certificate & Master Diploma Courses. Courses include: Teaching Young Learners, One-to-One, Business English, Grammar Awareness and Teaching English Online. Full Tutor Support and Employment Assistance.Click to find out more.