Teaching Young Learners at an Elementary school
- Japan: Nagoya and the Greater Tokyo Area.
- Westgate Corporation
- Experience: 1 YEAR
- Positions: 10
- Degree Required
Details of Position
We are currently recruiting cover instructors for Fall 2020 term who are based in Japan for in-class teaching positions.
For details on the University Program, Young Learners Program, and Secondary School English Program, please read the 'Application information for the Fall 2020 term' on our application site.
Please note that entry to Japan from overseas is currently prohibited, and we therefore have to prioritize applicants who are already in Japan.
Overseas applicants are welcome to apply for the Spring 2021 term but we wont start looking into those applications until October this year.
To minimize the risk of contracting or spreading COVID-19, the majority of Westgate staff are working remotely at the moment.
Please contact us via the online inquiry form if you have any questions.
We are sorry for the inconvenience.
***** UNIVERSITY PROGRAM *****
***** YOUNG LEARNERS ENGLISH PROGRAM *****
***** SECONDARY SCHOOL ENGLISH PROGRAM *****
We are seeking highly motivated educators to teach English at universities, elementary schools, or secondary schools in Japan.
- Cover classes at universities, elementary, Jr. high or high schools in classroom or online whenever necessary
- Assist in curriculum development and refinement for Westgate programs when there is no lesson covering required
2) CONTRACT PERIOD:
- SPRING TERM - Late March to Late July (approx. 4 months)
- FALL TERM - August to Late March (approx. 7 months)
Universities: Tokyo, Kanagawa, Chiba, Saitama, and Aichi
Elementary Schools: Tokyo, Kanagawa, and Aichi
Secondary Schools: Tokyo, Aichi
HOW TO APPLY:
Please visit our website and fill out the online application form. We will contact you by email shortly after you have completed the form. You can also find more information about our programs and policies on our website (link below).
Westgate aims to shape the future of English education in Japan. We have been providing conversation-based practical English lessons since 1983 and hire over 400 instructors every year. Generations of Japanese students have developed their communicative English skills and cultural awareness on our programs. As well as helping to shape the direction of our students lives and careers, we have also been a gateway to career development for countless English instructors around the world.
- University graduate with a bachelor's and/or more advanced degree, plus one of the following:
a) 500+ hours of actual EFL/ESL classroom teaching experience along with EFL/ESL teaching certificate and/or elementary/primary/secondary teaching credentials/qualifications
b) 1000+ hours of actual EFL/ESL classroom teaching experience in lieu of teaching certificate or credentials/qualifications
- Some classroom teaching experience with young learners
* No Japanese language ability is required.
Salary and Benefits
- Approximately 275,000 yen per month
*Note: Compensation is based on an hourly rate of pay. Exact monthly earnings fluctuate but over the course of a contract period average out to the figure listed above.
- HOUSING is provided. We can arrange a furnished single apartment with a rental fee of 81,000 yen per month (utilities and maintenance fees included).
- WORKING VISA SPONSORSHIP is available.
- RENEWABLE contract.
More Company Information
More jobs from this recruiter
Click here to visit the Westgate Corporation website
Start a new career as an English teacher and teach anywhere in the world. Book your interview now!www.tefl-abroad.org
Reach more than 100,000 potential students each month with Train to Teach targeted advertising via our platform, social media, apps & newsletters.Download our 2020 Media Pack
Latest TEFL Blog Posts