TEFL teachers needed for Summer 2019
- Deadline: Mon 13 May 2019 00:00:00 UTC
- United Kingdom: Language School from Exeter.
- The Isca School of English
- Experience: 1 YEAR
- Positions: 14
- Degree Required
- Short Term/Summer job
There are 14 posts are available on our junior summer programme
Details of Position
The Isca School of English is an established, well-organised British Council Accredited school with a supportive DOS and good resources.
Founded in 1966. Isca is a permanent school on one site in Exeter. It is an attractive environment in which to work. The EL Gazette has named The Isca School a "Centre of Excellence" based on the result of our British Council inspections every year since 2013. We were awarded 13 strengths in our 2017 British Council inspection including teaching, academic management, staff management, learning resources, course design, learner management, premises and facilities, care of students and care of under 18s.
14 posts are available on our junior summer programmes, teaching students aged 12-17.
Minimum contract 4 weeks. Contracts to the end of July, to mid August and to the end of August available.
Two start dates: Monday 17 June(Paid induction Saturday 15 and Sunday 16 June)
or 1 July (Paid Induction 29 June and 30 June)
Main duties for all teachers
1. Effective delivery of 18 hours of EFL lessons per week based around a prescribed course book and supplemented with further materials, either from our own extensive range of resources or teachers own materials.
2. Each class has two teachers: a main and a second teacher. You will plan and teach your class as the main teacher for 13 hours per week and plan the lessons for the second teacher of your class for 5 hours per week. While your second teacher is teaching your main class, you will be teaching another class as its second teacher,
3. Completion of a detailed scheme of work on every Friday afternoon with full details for your main class lessons for the entirety of the following week.
4. Liaison with your second teacher, explanation and the handing over of your scheme of work for his/her lessons for the week ahead, every Friday afternoon. Ad hoc communication with your second teacher on at least a daily basis.
5. Attendance at daily staff meetings at 9am.
6. Attendance at weekly CPD sessions led by the DOS or a Senior Teacher/teachers on Friday afternoons
7. Participation in our system of classroom observation and appraisals
8. Participation in our on-going system of drop in classroom observation
9. Monitoring student progress. Delivery and recording of weekly progress tests. Delivery and recording of weekly one to one tutorials.
10. Writing and delivering student reports for departing students to the DOS by Thursday lunchtime of their final week.
11. Providing handover notes and support to any cover teacher or teacher taking on one of your main class students
12. Providing feedback to the management team on all relevant aspects of the summer school programme both during and post course
13. Maintaining the following on a daily basis:
Class register for both main and second class
Class work record for both main and second class
Prepare all photocopying for the following day's lessons, to be left in your classroom.
14. Create and maintain classroom displays personalised to your students and their level
15. Participation in the social programme in a supervisory/active role, organised by the school by rota.
a. One evening activity per week
b. One full day Saturday excursion for every two weeks of a contract
c. One half day Tuesday excursion fortnightly
d. Accompanying students to afternoon sports every Thursday afternoon throughout contract.
Senior teachers: Provision of CPD session(s) in consultation with the DOS
Our students come as individuals or in small groups, on 2, 3 or 4 week courses. The majority come from France, Spain, Italy, Switzerland and Germany. They integrate well, work hard, have fun and are fun to teach! Maximum group size is 12.
The posts are non-residential. We have found excellent self-catering accommodation for our teachers with ensuite shower room and a gym included in the cost. Please ask for information about the cost of this at interview.
All staff must undergo a DBS check, which will be paid for by the school. Staff must provide a record of a national Police check if working abroad. References will be taken up. Any gaps in your CV work history must be explained fully. Copies of all relevant certificates must be send prior to interview.
Come and enjoy a summer working with us in Exeter, Devon, one of the most beautiful places to live in the UK!
- Degree Required
- Preferred qualifications:
- Cambridge CELTA, Cambridge CELTA Online, Cambridge DELTA, Cambridge DELTA Distance, Cambridge CELTYL, Trinity CertTESOL, Trinity DipTESOL, Trinity CertIBET, Trinity Joint Cert TESOL, Trinity TEYL.
- Teaching experience:
- 1 years
- Native level English speaker preferred
Salary and Benefits
DELTA - £705/week
Three start dates: Monday 17 June(Paid induction Saturday 15 and Sunday 16 June)
1 July (Paid Induction 29 June and 30 June), 7 July (Paid induction Saturday 5th and Sunday 6th July)
Reports to: Director of Studies
Accommodation: The posts are non-residential. We have found excellent self-catering accommodation for our teachers with en-suite shower room and a gym included in the cost. Please ask for information about the cost of this at interview.
- The Isca School of English
More Company Information
- Click here to visit the The Isca School of English website
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?
Train To Teach
We have over 20 years’ experience delivering full-time and part-time CELTA courses and have a 98% pass rate.Click to find out more.
The only Trinity CertTESOL in Thailand. Certified and recognised worldwide. Beautiful location. Small groups.Teaching practice in real schools. Meals and accommodation included. Job Placement available on course completion.Click to find out more.
International and accredited 4-Week TEFL course in Mexico that will upgrade your resume. The most budget-friendly way to travel! Choose ITTO TEFL - TESOL Programs!Click to find out more.
Certificate & Master Diploma Courses. Courses include: Teaching Young Learners, One-to-One, Business English, Grammar Awareness and Teaching English Online. Full Tutor Support and Employment Assistance.Click to find out more.
Join our highly-rated, accredited course. Hands-on practice teaching with adults & children. TEFL-ize yourself with TEFL International Prague and acknowledge the advantages of small courses at a large family-run language school.Click to find out more.