Residential Summer College Tutors - Oxford
- United Kingdom: Oxford.
- Summer Boarding Courses Ltd
- Experience: 3 YEARS
- Positions: 14
- Degree Required
- Short Term/Summer job, Residential
Do you want to work for the UK's Top-Ranked Multi-Campus Summer School?*
Summer Boarding Courses are hiring College Tutors for various dates from July to mid-August 2019.
Spend this summer at colleges within the University of Oxford (Accommodation and meals will be provided).
Earn a competitive salary of £550 per week
*As ranked by EL Gazette based on 2018 British Council inspection results
Details of Position
In 2018, The British Council awarded SBC the maximum number of Strengths in the 15 areas it assesses. As a result, SBC became the first and only multicentre summer school provider to be awarded 15 out of 15 areas of strength in a full inspection, thereby confirming us as one of the foremost course providers in the UK.
We are currently recruiting for the following courses at our Oxford College Summer Schools:
• History of Art
• Politics & Economics
• Natural Sciences
All Tutors work a 13-session week, with a session being either a morning, afternoon or evening.
5 are spent teaching one of the Elective subjects
2 Teaching or supervising the University Preparation sessions
2 leading and supervising students on a cultural or academic excursion
3 other sessions, such as an afternoon trip to Oxford, an evening social or graduation event
1 preparation session.
Outside of scheduled sessions, Tutors will have an awareness of their responsibility to ensure the safety and wellbeing of the students during meals, break times, and when in the accommodation areas.
All Tutors will usually receive one full day off per week.
College Tutors report directly to the Director of Studies (DOS) and will -
• Become familiar with the SBC syllabus, materials and resources for their specific subjects during induction period.
• Teach lessons using the SBC syllabus and other appropriate materials.
• Promote a student-centred learning environment, which encourages the development of 21st century skills.
• Set assignments, if outlined and prescribed in the SBC syllabus.
• Attend to the individual needs of the students to ensure that maximum benefit is gained from their particular course.
• Continuously assess students progress, marking assignments meaningfully and giving relevant feedback.
• Maintain administrative systems by preparing and keeping class lists, records of work, class registers and preparing certificates and reports.
• Manage the classroom behaviour effectively and ensure all students participate.
• Attend meetings as requested by the summer school management.
• Attend CPD (Continued Professional Development) workshops.
• Be observed by the Academic Management.
• Assist with meal time, break time supervision and student sign-in, where required.
• Support the College Mentors supervising students in the college accommodation.
• Help ensure that the students do not breach the rules of the college.
• Assist at any time, whether on duty or not, with an emergency, or where a student is ill or injured.
In accordance with the British Council accreditation scheme, all SBC Teachers must possess the required qualifications outlined below.
Subject Specific Courses:
• BA in relevant subject or related discipline
• Trinity CertTESOL or CELTA certificate
• Minimum of 3 years post TEFL/ CELTA experience
• Experience teaching relevant subject
• BA in languages or a related discipline
• Trinity certTESOL or CELTA certificate
• Minimum of 3 years post TEFL/ CELTA experience
• Experience teaching IELTS preparation and/or Academic English courses
• MA in relevant subject, languages or a related discipline
• Trinity DipTESOL or DELTA
• Experience working in a residential summer school environment
Salary and Benefits
• £550 per week, which includes holiday allowance at 12.07% of basic pay, plus accommodation on-site and full board, preparation session and one full day off per week;
• Paid Enhanced DBS Check
• Experienced and supportive Director of Studies
• Online safeguarding and working with international children training
• Extensive, paid, on-site training prior to student arrival
• Professional, fun and supportive environment
• Opportunities for progression
Due to the expected high volume of applicants only applications suiting the needs and requirements of the post can be contacted. Thank you for your understanding.
5th July - 19th August 2019
The various positions available range in dates but will all start in July and complete in August.
The above dates include 3 days paid induction and training. Please refer to our website for further information about SBC.
SHOULD YOU BE SUCCESSFUL...
• We will require the details of two recent and relevant referees who we will contact.
• Any gaps in your CV will be enquired about and must be explained satisfactorily.
• You will be required to undergo a Disclosure and Barring Service check (previously called a Criminal Records Bureau check), and equivalent if living outside the UK, and you will be asked to sign the Children Act 1989 declaration safeguarding the welfare of children, and state that you have no known reason why you cannot work with children.
• Official identification and certificates (either originals or certified copies) will be required for our records.
Summer Boarding Courses is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We have a comprehensive Child Protection Policy and procedures in place which all employees, volunteers and contractors are expected to adhere to.
**Please note we can only consider applicants who are already eligible to work in the United Kingdom.
Summer Boarding Courses Ltd
More Company Information
More jobs from this recruiter
Click here to visit the Summer Boarding Courses Ltd website
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?
Take The Anglo 8-week summer Delta M2 course in Cancun, Mondays – Thursdays. Or the 4-week summer CELTA course in Puerto Vallarta. EARLY BIRD PRICES available now!www.cpda.anglo.mx
Train To Teach
Certificate & Master Diploma Courses. Courses include: Teaching Young Learners, One-to-One, Business English, Grammar Awareness and Teaching English Online. Full Tutor Support and Employment Assistance.Click to find out more.
Join our highly-rated, accredited course. Hands-on practice teaching with adults & children. TEFL-ize yourself with TEFL International Prague and acknowledge the advantages of small courses at a large family-run language school.Click to find out more.
3 month internationally recognised and accredited course with the Global English Teaching (GET) Academy. Includes 300 hours Teaching Practice in real Austrian classrooms. Apply NOW!Click to find out more.
Looking for an opportunity to expand your career choices at home or abroad, fund your travels or attain an internationally-recognised TESOL qualification? If yes, then one of our flagship TESOL courses could be for you! BA (Hons) TESOL & Linguistics MA Education with TESOL.Click to find out more.
Take The Anglo 8-week summer Delta M2 course in Cancun, Mondays – Thursdays. Or the 4-week summer CELTA course in Puerto Vallarta. EARLY BIRD PRICES available now!Click to find out more.